It’s Pretty much a household phrase for anyone in the world of work. But what are the benefits of digital marketing? Is it something you should just put on the back burner?
At Made By Factory, we generally refer to it as Digital Marketing. You might call it PPC, Search Engine Marketing, “a minefield” or “one of the dark arts”. Knowing what to call this marketing medium is just one hurdle to overcome in this arena. As a former Googler, I had months of intense training and exams before I could even touch a client’s ad account. After several years there before running my own agency, I learned new tricks every day and I still do.
Just what is Digital Marketing? in simple terms, it’s “The marketing of products or services using digital channels to reach consumers”.
These days, Digital Marketing is a must for all business. If you want to move up to the next level, digital marketing has the potential to take you there.
In the first half of 2018, Digital Marketing
What Are The Main B
enefits of Digital Marketing?
- It’s highly measurable
- A strong Return on Investment potential, if done right
- You set and control your advertising costs
- You only pay for engagement
- Ultra-advanced targeting methods across Search, Display & Video marketing
- Defined calls to action
- Comprehensive analytics and “live” reporting
It might be that you’re already running marketing campaigns across 1 or more digital channels yourself or through another agency. But, how do you know the best way to gain a significant return on your investment?
- If your goal is realistic, is your budget also realistic to achieve the goal?
- The landscape is continually evolving with new features arising all the time – are you up to date?
- The opportunities for Digital Marketing are vast – are you utilising the right platform(s) for your goals?
- Make every impression count – Are you employing enhanced targeting techniques to reduce wasted ad spend
? Ultimately, for a successful Digital Marketing strategy to work, you must continually develop your reach, analyse the data and refine.
Digital Marketing Ad Mediums
With so much potential on offer through the likes of Google, Facebook, Instagram, Bing, LinkedIn and Twitter, do you have the expertise on hand to make it work?
There are so many platforms to choose from it’s a minefield, especially if you don’t have endless funds. Listed below are some of the common digital advertising suites available.
This isn’t an exhaustive list, but we work with these platforms daily. To gain the benefits of digital marketing,
- Google Search Results Ads
- Google Display Network Ads
- Google Shopping Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Gmail Ads
- Google Play Ads
Facebook & Instagram Ads
You can combine the power of the Facebook Pixel by marketing on 2 of the world’s largest social media platforms. Here are some of the options you can utilise.
- Photo Ads
- Video Ads
- Stories Ads
- Messenger Ads
- Carousel Ads
- Slideshow Ads
- Collection Ads
- App Playable Ads
Now Google’s number 1 competitor, Bing now has over a 21% share of UK desktop searches. With over 404 million monthly searches being carried out – are you present? Market across:
- Bing Search Results Ads
- Bing Display Ads (Including Outlook & MSN)
- Bing Shopping Ads
LinkedIn boasts powerful business social media platform with highly refined targeting capabilities. You can target unique audiences with powerful targeting options. Market to over 560m active business professionals worldwide with features like:
- Boosted Content to defined audiences
- Sponsored InMail Ads
- Text Ads & a mixture of text and display ads
The quickfire social platform with high engagement levels. Twitter provides the opportunity to market through:
- Promoting tweets to wider, targeted audiences
- Focused Text and Display Ads
Considering all the above tools and features that are available to increase brand awareness, business sales and lead generation, is your current marketing strategy geared up for success?
Keeping Up To Date
Whether your digital marketing campaigns are in their infancy or well established, your in-house team or digital marketing agency need to be carrying out the following regularly:
Industry & competitor research
- Regular deep dive account optimisations
- Implement new targeting methods
- Implementing new ad features and layouts
- Ongoing keyword research
- Refreshing your ad creatives in line with your data
At Made By Factory, we utilise the latest in Digital Marketing enhancements to reach our client’s audiences in new and inventive ways. With an ex-Googler heading up our Digital Marketing team, you can rest assured that we hold the capabilities and knowledge to make your business stand out in a crowded marketplace.
How Made By Factory Can Help
There are so many features and platforms to master. In order to see the benefits of digital marketing, you need the right expert guide at your side to create and implement the right Digital Strategy for your organisation.
Every successful hero has an expert guide- Frodo had Gandalf, Sir Edmund Hilary had Tenzing Norgay, Batman had Alfred, and Steve Jobs had Steve Wozzniak. Does your organisation have a digital marketing “Gandalf”, or are you still looking for the right match?
Speak to our team of expert guides today to start seeing real rewards from your digital investment.